GearShift Advertising Inc, Costa Mesa, CA, is a rapidly growing full-service, digitally driven advertising agency that helps people and brands fall in love. We offer a creative, fun, casual, and collaborative work environment focused on building on-going relationships between our clients’ brands and their target customers via numerous media platforms. These include print, print collateral, display ads, rich media, videos, micro-sites and other digital units designed to engage, motivate and ultimately generate results.
GearShift Advertising is seeking a talented Digital/Print/Video Art Director to be based at our Costa Mesa office.
Our ideal candidate is smart, creative, and innovative. He/she can easily generate new, inspiring ideas. They have a passion for great design. They take pride in producing excellent results and would settle for nothing less than the best. They are driven and motivated and can deliver results with minimal direction, partially due to their meticulous attention to detail. They have a track record of excellence and a strong educational background. They often go beyond what’s expected, not for the reward, but because doing the very best is a reward unto itself. They are an inspiring team member and enjoy building strong teams because they know that together you can achieve more than you can alone. They are an outstanding communicator with strong oral and written abilities. And they love the thrill of building brands.
Major Job Functions
• Responsible for print/online art direction for Powersports and other category brands
• Will oversee Powersports product category photo shoots
• Oversee all design projects and help to create brand consistency
• Deliver creative solutions to communicate brand objectives
• Responsible for all art direction for advertising, online display, email, rich media, micro sites, trade materials, POP, direct mail, consumer collateral etc.
• Will work closely with client contacts to have a complete understanding of the product direction and objectives
• Will work closely with creative directors to keep all projects on schedule and see projects through completion in a timely manor
• Will have a very strong understanding of current and future design trends
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Design, related course study or equivalent experience
• Position requires heavy photography creative/art direction
• Ability to work against short deadlines
• Must have the ability to develop creative solutions in a timely manor
• Proficient in all design programs including: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Power Point
• Comfortable with general social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc
• 4-5 years minimum in print/online design required
• Knowledge of the Powersports industry a big plus
Bonus skill set
• Front-end technologies (HTML/CSS)
• Experience working with content management systems (CMS)
• Video editing, Premiere, After Effects
• Working knowledge of project management software ProWorkFlow
• Experience with healthcare and or educational institutional brands