GearShift Advertising Inc, Costa Mesa, CA, is a rapidly growing full-service, digitally driven advertising agency that helps people and brands fall in love. We offer a creative, fun, casual, and collaborative work environment focused on building on-going relationships between our clients’ brands and their target customers via numerous media platforms, designed to engage, motivate and ultimately generate results.
The Project Manager has primary responsibility for day-to-day project management of digital + some traditional media assignments. Project Manager coordinates the efforts of internal Creative, Account and Media departments in addition to external vendors to manage the creation of online + print + broadcast content. The PM will ensure the appropriate resources are in place and the work is conducted in a timely manner and within approved specs, scope and budget—while exceeding the clients’ expectations.
Major Job Functions
- Manages creative team assignments
- Works with Account Service + Media departments in trafficking projects.
- Digital Asset Management (DAM System) uploading, organization + maintenance.
- Lead cross functional teams in the development and execution of digital + some traditional media campaigns, including micro-sites, banner ads, email campaigns, search and social media engagements, online videos, collateral projects, direct mail, print ads and broadcast TV commercials.
- Responsible for the consistent successful execution of a project from estimation through launch, as well as ongoing maintenance.
- Champions and consistently employs, improves and shares project management processes & standards.
- Mentors others on processes.
- Owns the facilitation and creation of accurate project plans with clearly defined milestones, deliverables and tasks.
- Responsible for ensuring resources are assigned and allocated appropriately to the project plan throughout the life of the project; works with the team through resource issues as they arise; assumes ownership of the internal tools and processes to ensure accuracy.
- Owns and facilitates internal project status meetings.
- Drives toward successful completion of the agreed upon project deliverables within scope, time and budget with quality.
- Is accountable for tracking and reporting of budgets throughout each project’s lifecycle.
- Is accountable for staying within agreed upon budget and informing account leadership of any changes to scope/assumptions/issues that arise on the project.
- Works on new business efforts to ensure proper estimating and assumptions are made throughout the proposal/SOW process.
- Is central point of contact regarding the estimation process. Utilizes the team leads to determine estimate.
- BA/BS required
- 3-5 years project management/digital project management experience within an agency environment
- Thorough understanding of web-based technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Solid problem-solving skills, responsive and flexible to evolving responsibilities and changing environment
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with the ability and experience to manage many projects simultaneously and maintain highly organized work while working within pressured deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact positively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to foster collaboration among team members and with other departments.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and be proactive
- Understanding of industry best practices
- Experience with and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Comfortable with Apple computers as primary platform
- Familiarity with common social media applications
Bonus skill set
- Has history of helping to develop and implement interactive project process
- Familiar with HTML, CSS-based web development
- Understanding of coding and design as it relates to the Web
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign,
- Understand video editing production process
- Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point